BEA-APP regional pilot cases
BEA-APP will apply the jointly agreed spatial planning criteria as well as the innovative stakeholder involvement methods to concrete pilot cases. These cases represent a broad spectrum of renewable energy uses:
- Geoenergy use in residential areas
- Definition of the optimal renewable energy mix in peripheral areas
- Increasing the share of renewable energy in municipal district heating systems
- Urban planning for solar energy
- Implications of offshore wind farm development on regional and spatial planning
For each of the cases preparatory studies and analyses will be conducted. The aim is to set the scene for the realisation of concrete renewable energy installations in the target regions.